Thursday 19 January 2012

Taking my Nephew to Walt Disney World!


When my Sister called and told me she was pregnant, the first words I said to her is “Now we have a kid to take to Walt Disney World!” The last child I went to Disney World with was her at age 6 - about 18 years ago. So, I am very excited to take my nephew to Walt Disney World next. He is due on February 1, and I have lots of Disney plans for his future.

Over past trips, I have seen kids faces light up as the castle comes into view and hearing those little giggles of joy always made me smile.  I’m not sure exactly when his first trip down Main Street USA will occur but it will be sooner than later and more often then most.

I think we will stay at the Animal Kingdom Lodge so he can see the animals from the room.  We can go for the holidays, Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party and Trick or Treat at Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party.  Oh I can not wait!

I keep thinking, “Will he like this attraction or be afraid of it?” I just hope the little guy isn’t afraid of the characters so we can enjoy character interactions at meals. Winnie the Pooh and friends over at the Crystal Palace is a family favorite, and I’d like to keep that tradition.

The last time I ate at Chef Mickey’s was when it was at the Market Place in Downtown Disney - yes with my Sister 18 years ago. I guess I better go there first and get up to date. Ohana’s with Lilo and Stitch is still on my to do list. That place is very popular for the character breakfast. Maybe, we’ll try a Princess meal, at Akershus so he can charm a princess or two.

We can get his first hair cut at the Magic Kingdom BarberShop.

I can barely wait for him to be big enough to become a pirate at the Pirate League and then send him on a pirate cruise.

His Mother spent hours at Honey I shrunk the Kids playground, so she is thrilled about going back there.  More traditions.

We can’t forget Disneyland or Disney Cruise Line and when he is a little older Adventures by Disney. His Disney options are not limited to just Walt Disney World with me for an Aunt.

My Sister better try for a little girl next time. Oh the fun we will have with a little Princess.

Please share your favorite experience with a child at Disney World.

No comments:

Post a Comment